Monday, July 2, 2012

{designitgirlblog} Chairy Red Riding Hood: The REVEL

The Reveal:

Shes ready for the next step, more to come on that...


I had so much fun, painting, sanding, and painting again and again! Red is a color that needs several coats to achieve the right shade. I decided to paint just enough to get the shade of Red that I wanted. I realized when painting that I really like the look of the natural wood color slightly showing through. I am happy with the results and this is just the beginning of many, many more great projects to come. 


Chairy Red Riding Hood has become the beginning of another great way for me to express my love for design, my passion for chairs, and the meaning of"Keeping It Green" -Nicole Keeping furniture from landfills and being able to give them a new home, keeps these furniture pieces in circulation for many more years to come. Thank you for your comments and "likes". Feel free to comment here! 


When I began removing the material from the seat, {omg} there was about four different layers of materials covering this seat. It took about and hour to remove the 1,000 nails and staples too {lol}
It was well worth it. I envisioned the color I would paint her and the material I would use as soon as I saw in the store.


                                                                






                 Cant wait for the next chair project! Thank you for reading my blog!  




                                                                  xoxo -Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment